cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alenasoni
Level 2

Dialogs in InstallScript MSI UI sequence

Hi, I'm approaching InstallScript MSI intallation type (until now I have used InstallScript or MSI separately), because I need to have a scrollable checkbox group in my installation, but that kind of dialog is not available in a pure MSI project. I've created a CA that populates my dialog and another CA in order to show the "SdAskOptionList". My biggest problem is: everywhere in the UI sequence I put my CA showing the dialog, I always see it when InstallShield engine load. After that if I click "Next", it finishes loading and it continues with a standard sequence (welcome, setup type, ecc ecc), but I don't understand where this sequence is defined, since I don't see these dialogs in the UI sequence. Where should I put my CA? How can I skip the rest of dialog sequence? I hope you can understand my problem!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
alenasoni
Level 2

Nobody can help me? I have another question... Is there a way to open an .msi file inside an Installscript project (just for reading a record in a table)?
0 Kudos
wolverine
Level 4

Sequence of ui is defined in the Behavior and Logic Tab "installscript"

Where u can sequence the ui's as u want
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

All dialogs in script driven projects (including InstallScript MSI) are driven from the script events. For example, the welcome dialog and all subsequent dialogs in a first time install are called from the OnFirstUIBefore event from the script. InstallScript dialogs should not be called from custom actions. Instead, the script events should be modified to call the dialog.

Also, you can use the install handle (ISMSI_HANDLE) as a parameter to MsiGetActiveDatabase to get a database handle to query tables in the running package.
0 Kudos