cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvonderburg
Level 3

Dialog text for requirements.

I cannot find where to change the text "[ProductName] requires the following items to be installed on your computer. Click Install to begin installing these requirements." for the requirements dialog. I'd like to add a message "Some application installs could take 5 minutes or more depending on your OS and computer hardware." Is there a place where I can change this dialog text?

Thank you,
Don
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

I am currently looking into this Issue.I should have further updates at the earliest.

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

Could you kindly confirm me if you are referring to the Prerequisite pop up dialog that appears before Installation or the Software requirements dialog.

If you are referring to System requirement dialog you can edit the message by navigating to Solution Explorer->Customize setup appearance->Text and Messages.

But you cannot edit the text that appears on Prerequisite dialog.

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
dvonderburg
Level 3

Hello Madusree,

This is what I am talking about the popup that appears on the prerequsite dialog screen. So I guess we will have to live with it. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi Don,

After further testing I found that you can indeed edit texts in the prerequisite-related dialogs which is displayed by the Setup.exe launcher. Setup.exe dialogs are not available for edit within InstallShield Limited edition

However, you can edit the default strings that are included in the dialogs. They are located in the .ini files that are installed to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011LE\Support.
The English strings, for example, are in the 0x0409.ini file.

For the string 1652 I added the message “Some application installs could take 5 minutes or more depending on your OS and computer hardware” saved the file and after re-building the solution, while installing the newly added message reflected in the prerequisite pop up dialog 🙂

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
dvonderburg
Level 3

Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
0 Kudos