cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgarvey
Level 4

Dialog options

Hi -

I'm new to InstallShield, but I'm sure there has to be a way to be able to handle the following situation:

I've got two custom Dialogs - very simple, with just a single textField in each. I want to display either one or both dialogs, depending on which feature(s) a user selects from the Feature Dialog. Is there a way of doing this?

Would it be better, to just have a single custom Dialog containing 2 textFields, and to disable/enable the textFields depending on what the User selects in the Feature Dialog? If so, how do I check within the custom Dialog which feature(s) the user has selected?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

Simple - just add both dialogs in your sequence after the feature selection dialog and in the conditions of each you can use a StringComparison:

Compare Text -> $P(FeatureBeanID.active)
Operation -> Equals
Source -> true

What I usually do is if I have a lot of Actions associated with a feature - like Getting Reg values or Custom events, I add a wizard sequence and put the condition on that, that way you do not have to add the conditions to all the actions you want to do for a particular feature!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
pgarvey
Level 4

Thanks very much Tom!! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Paul
0 Kudos