cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

Dialog displayed when Setup is run from Toolbar

I have created a CD-ROM release and for some reason, when I hit the Run button on the toolbar, a dialog is displayed relating all of the options of msiexec. When you hit the OK button in the dialog nothing happens.

This just started happening and I'm wondering if I did something to cause it.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hmmm... Did you add any settings to Build > Settings > MSI Log File? Or to MSI Command Line Arguments in the release settings? Does it still happen if you create a new release?
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

Based on your question, I found out what the problem is. Also, I neglected to say I have IS 2008 and am working with a Basic MSI project. But you probably figured that out from my question.

I had gone in and turned other log file options on. So, when I went in and turned them all off, it still left a /L option still there, and I think this option is not valid. Because when I run the setup from the toolbar, the msiexec dialog box comes up listing all of the options, and when I look through the list, I don't see an /L option.

Maybe this is a bug. It seems to me that if you have unselected all the log file options, then there should be no options left in the command line arguments field at the bottom of the dialog. Just a thought.
0 Kudos