cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texmags
Level 3

Dialog - display different text when radio button is clicked

(IS 2009, Basic MSI)

Hi, I have a custom dialog where I have a radio button group (RBG) and three buttons in the RBG. I've been asked to have a text field below the RBG where I would show a different description of each option when each radio button in the RBG is clicked.

Is there a way to do that? In the dialog editor under "Behavior" I tried adding a DoAction event that calls a CA for the RBG. I don't see any of the individual radio buttons. The CA doesn't seem to fire though (just have a MessageBox in my CA). If it is possible to get the CA to fire, how would I be able to access a control in the dialog to set the description?

I assume the LicenseAgreement dialog works somewhat like that since the "Next" push button is enabled when you select "I agree" but I haven't fully understood where that is hooked up since I don't see a corresponding event that has been wired in that dialog.

I know there's a ToolTip property I can use instead for each individual radio button which might be easier. Are tooltips commonly used for these types of scenarios with IS? I haven't seen any GUI guidelines for creating a Windows Installer.

TIA,
Magnus
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

In the Dialogs view, if you look at the LicenseAgreement dialog box's Behavior node, look at the Next button events, then click the Conditions tab (at bottom-right), you'll see how the Next button is dynamically enabled and disabled.

You can use the same idea with your multiple text fields, one for each radio button in the group, hiding and showing each based on the selected radio button...
0 Kudos
texmags
Level 3

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't look at the conditions tab before.

Thanks,
Magnus
0 Kudos