cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarjeet
Level 7

Dialog before SetupCompleteSuccess

Hi

I am trying to create a patch for already released major product. I have added a custom action in patch.

I would like to execute this custom action through action of the dialog which comes just before setupcompletesuccess dialog.

But I am not able to determine which dialog comes before Setucompletesuccess. Is there any way by which I can find button - action of this button is set with dialog "Setupcompletesuccess"

I checked all buttons in setupprogress dialog, but no button is set with dialog setupcompletesuccess.

Regards,

Amarjeet
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

SetupCompleteSuccess is launched from a special sequence number in the InstallUISequence. In theory you may be able to launch a custom action instead that, after it's done, launches SetupCompleteSuccess (or an alternate dialog that uses NewDialog to navigate to SetupCompleteSuccess). Do note that this approach would only run the action in an installation that runs with full UI.
0 Kudos
Amarjeet
Level 7

MichaelU wrote:
SetupCompleteSuccess is launched from a special sequence number in the InstallUISequence. In theory you may be able to launch a custom action instead that, after it's done, launches SetupCompleteSuccess (or an alternate dialog that uses NewDialog to navigate to SetupCompleteSuccess). Do note that this approach would only run the action in an installation that runs with full UI.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for quick response. Rightnow I am launching the custom action when user clicks finish button on setucompletesuccess dialog. This is fine and works great.

I would be interested in launching the custom action before end of installation because this custom action calls another setup. If I do it with above it gives false impression that I am trying to install something even after setup is successful.

Regards,

Amarjeet
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If you are launching another installation, you are much better off doing it some way other than through a custom action. InstallShield offers both Prerequisites and Suite/Advanced UI projects as two ways that more directly support installing multiple packages together.
0 Kudos