cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray_Portrait
Level 6

Destination Folder needs to be partly hard coded

Project type - Basic MSI

What is the easiest way of controlling the user customisable directories? Basically what I want to be able to do is hard code the last bit of the directory structure: {user_selected_dir}\MY_FOLDER

I want to be able to graphically show this to the user and at the same time be able to do this in silent mode. (this wont be INSTALLDIR)

The only thing that I can think of is have 2 properties making up the destination folder - the first property for the users' selected dir and the second for the hardcoded bit. then make the component directories contain the 2 properties as their destination folder (is it possible to do this or will I have to create a custom action to do this?) I am trying to stay clear of custom actions. As good as they are they become a bit painful when the project gets bigger...

Am I approaching this the wrong way? Is there a smarter way of doing this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Ray_Portrait
Level 6

Hmmmm, on second thought. Would it not be better to set the component path to [USER_SELECTED_DIR]\HardcodedDir and then on the Dialogs asking for the folder path have a caption that says something like "Please browse to the folder that contains "HardCodedDir"?

Would this be an acceptable solution?:confused:

This saves me messing around with CA that need to be called by the dialog's event and also to remember to call the CA in Exec sequences...
0 Kudos