cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xengar
Level 3

Default button not functioning in dialog

Hi

I have this problem in every dialog I create.
In the properties of the dialog I have a default button as the Next button, I also have other buttons and text-boxes, but at running the application no matter in wich text-box I am always that I press the enter key, the button that it's executed is the last button who has the focus.

I'm don't understand why is doing this, it suppose to execute the default button always, not the last the button with the focus.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
xengar
Level 3

This problem is making me crazy. Please some help.

Maybe I wasn't so clear.

I actually wish the same behavior as thread:
Set focus to Next button of dialog? How?
http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=178902&highlight=default+button

I have a dialog that has a textbox on it that I want the use to enter a value in...after entering the value I would like that when they hit it will click the Next button.

Is it possible to take the keystroke and set focus on the Next button even while in the text box?

I actually I have the 'Next' button as the default button an it's the only one with default.

The problem is
If I move throught the elements of the dialog with 'tab button' and stop in a text-box and press 'enter key' the button that is executed is the last button who has the foccus and not the 'Next' button.

Does anyone Know how to fix this?
Any kind of help will be appreciated....

Thanks...
0 Kudos
imag0r
Level 2

Hi,

Check tab order on the dialog. Next should have lowest tab id and tab stop set to true.
0 Kudos