cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnpitroda
Level 5

Data2.cab missing

Hi all i am working on installscript projects. Our installer has functionality that if it is already installed then it uninstalls the installed one and then restarts the machine. And after restarting the machine it starts installation. I am using single executable file. After restarting when installation starts it shows the message of missing data2.cab. So anyone have idea whats the solution?

I have traced the bug during restart it deletes the file from temp directory. but i was not able to find the solution.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
packagechief
Level 5

cnpitroda wrote:
Hi all i am working on installscript projects. Our installer has functionality that if it is already installed then it uninstalls the installed one and then restarts the machine. And after restarting the machine it starts installation. I am using single executable file. After restarting when installation starts it shows the message of missing data2.cab. So anyone have idea whats the solution?

I have traced the bug during restart it deletes the file from temp directory. but i was not able to find the solution.

well it seems there is a configuration problem with your release

the best woud be to kill the current release (within the "Releases" Tab in your Installshield Project") and generate a new one, cause there seems to be some corrupt files and therefore the Windows Installer dosen't find the cabinet file after rebooting. What about "Temporary Folder Cleanup Tasks" ? Which are often resides in Network Login Scripts to kill the Content of temporary folders while windows restarts.. or maybe a Group Policy Object... which does the same (only if you're in Active Directory Enviroment)
0 Kudos
cnpitroda
Level 5

Yup but i want solution becasue i have tried by making new release also. If i am doing same stuff with making package for web then it works fine, means setup dont ask for data2.cab and in installs. But in case of single executable from installshield it gives this problem.
0 Kudos
packagechief
Level 5

cnpitroda wrote:
Yup but i want solution becasue i have tried by making new release also. If i am doing same stuff with making package for web then it works fine, means setup dont ask for data2.cab and in installs. But in case of single executable from installshield it gives this problem.

Strange.. i took my Quicktime 7.5 IS2008 Project to see if there is the same error as by your configuration.. but everthing went ok.. dosen't matter which type of setup i used... (Web, Network Image, Custom, Single Exe, Webbased Installer and Downloader) also i switched off the compression to see if there woud be a data2.cab created but this wasn't the case

i woud suggest you to completely kill the whole project and do it again from the scratch if possible.. cause in my oppion there is something wrong with the whole project... most likely with the MSI internal Database or some files which are old or whatever

@all especially the Macrovision Developer Team: any idea?
0 Kudos
anjali
Level 3

Same here, aftere restart it complains insert the disk, which has the data2.cab, it basically compalins "Setup needs that disk".
If anyone has any ides, please let mw know.
The strange thing it works fine from the run button from Installshield, but not by running the "Setup.exe".
Anyu help is appreciated.
Thanks
anajli
0 Kudos
cnpitroda
Level 5

It seems that this is inbuilt error from installshield. I have applied all the ways that were possible,then also i was not able to solve this issue. Macrovision team please provide help or list this in known issue.

-CK
0 Kudos
cnpitroda
Level 5

Hi anjali

Can you tell me exact situation and scenario?

So i may help you.
0 Kudos