cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

DRM Re-Activation Problems

I have a Dev machine ( disconnected from the network ) that I activated around a year ago. It’s now complaining about having 17 days until the demo license and that it needs to be reactivated.

I generated the Request file, sent it through CM controls and had it sent off to InstallShield. They responded with a response file that then went through CM controls again and arrived to me. ( Painful process we have to go through for security reasons.)

At first the dialog to load the response wouldn’t even show. I had to go into the registry and set a DWORD value called OfflineTransactionPending to 1 to get it to show.

Well, I load the response and it says I’m activated but when I go to help about ( before or after quiting the IDE ) it still says I have 17 days left. I’ve tried generating the request again and I compared it with the original request and they are binary equals. Even if I intentionally corrupt the hash in the response file it still claims that it activated and of course, is not activated.

If it helps, my IDE says it’s 2010 SP1 ( 16.0.0.328 ) and my TSConfig says that it’s 16.0.0.328 also. I A bunch of dll’s say that they are 16.0.0.400.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I think my issue is possibly similar to this thread:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=191073&highlight=activation
0 Kudos