cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mearsma
Level 2

DLL Registration does not happen

I need to force a particular DLL to be copied and registered on a Windows 7 system in an MSI. Here's what I've done so far: I have created a component and provided a file key for the DLL - the file is being copied correctly in the INSTALLDIR location as desired. I have created a custom action as a VB Script to force registration of the DLL running Synchronously and checking the exit code. The custom action is configured as DeferredExecution in System Context and is sequenced to run After the RegisterComPlus action.

I have not been able to get the registration to happen. The registration command lines I have tried are regsvr32 /s "" as well as cmd /c regsvr32 /s "" neither of which has made a difference. It appears to have run from an examination of the log file that I'm creating but the registration information is still missing from the registry when queried after the installation successfully completes.

Can someone shed some additional light on this and help me get this DLL registered? Thanks in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jclark102
Level 4

Right-click on the key file you want to register, and select properties. In there you should see a checkbox for 'Self Register'. That's what I use.
0 Kudos