cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmadhavan
Level 3

Customization of themes in InstallShield 2008

Hi,

I know that InstallShield 2008 supports themes for Basic MSI projects. I just wanted to know if there is any way a user can create his own custom themes to be applied in projects. If yes, then let me know how to do it ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It is possible in the Premier edition, but undocumented. By looking at the provided themes it shouldn't be to hard to figure out what to do (the current capabilities are not very extensive), but we've not yet made any forwards compatibility guarantees about the theme format.
0 Kudos
Kmadhavan
Level 3

Thanks for the information...Michael
0 Kudos
william_kaper
Level 2

MichaelU wrote:
It is possible in the Premier edition, but undocumented. By looking at the provided themes it shouldn't be to hard to figure out what to do (the current capabilities are not very extensive), but we've not yet made any forwards compatibility guarantees about the theme format.

Michael, is it possible in the Professional edition? We would love to brand some of our installation packages with our companies information, but the only way we have been able to do it is by overwriting one of the standard themes. I have put in a request with support, but at this point, its on a master wish list somewhere.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Correct. Using new themes requires the Premier edition. Using modified themes does not, but is perhaps tempting fate - risking missing a step when rebuilding a build box.
0 Kudos