cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puresoul
Level 4

Custom dialog in Un-Installation

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to add custom dialog box during UnInstallation?
I want to add one screen during uninstallation asking some user inputs, but I am not able to add dialog in Uninstallation sequence while I am able to add it during Installation sequence.

Thanks for help in advance
Niket
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Running from Add or Remove Programs will always skip the User Interface sequence, which means you can't show dialog boxes unless you hide the Remove button; but to detect uninstallation perhaps see this old newsletter tip (PDF): http://www.flexerasoftware.com/webdocuments/PDF/msiconditions.pdf.
0 Kudos
puresoul
Level 4

Hi Robert,

I am stucked at same point again, We need some custom dialog during uninstallation.
I am new to InstallShield, please let me know is there any other way we can have custom window possible?

Thanks
Niket
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

As Robert was saying, when you go into ARP, you can see 'Change' and 'Remove' buttons. The Change will go to the Maint Dialog but the Remove skips all UI processing and goes to the 'Execute' sequence. You can still add custom actions but you cannot add a Dialog.

If you Always need to show this Dialog - you will need to disable the Remove button in the General Information->AddRemPrg section.

Then you will need to add the Custom Dialog to the Next button of the Maint Type Dialog. Just remember that you will have to add similar actions to the Next button of your custom dialog to go to the ReadyToRemove dialog.

Good luck.
0 Kudos