cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACBeddoe
Level 3

Custom action in managed code (c#)

I have added some custom actions that are written in C#. They are called at the correct points and execute as expected until I call code in other DLLs in the assembly. IS can't resolve the reference, i.e. can't load the other DLL.

How do I make this happen?
Thanks,
Charles
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There's also some options you can set in the ISCLRWrap table to have InstallShield's managed custom actions explicitly pull in dependent assemblies. The sample document http://community.installshield.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7220&d=1217951981 talks about this - search for Dependency0 within the document for an example.
0 Kudos
oskarh6666
Level 2

Thank you MichaelU for your post it was just what I was looking for.

And thank you ACBeddoe for posting the question.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

With DTF you simply add your dependencies as assembly references or project items. If you need your files nested, you just create project folders and put them in there. Managed or unmanaged it doesn't matter, you'll have all of your files right there with your CA and the working directory set to the root.

I'm glad Installshield pioneered the Managed Custom Action support, but the reality is Microsoft's DTF solution is far superior, free, open source, integrates with InstallShield easily and yet doesn't lock you into InstallShield.

The choice is simple.
0 Kudos