cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leluc
Level 2

Custom action exe is not called in repair mode

Hi

I added a custom action which calls an exe during the installation of my product ("Custom Actions During Installation"/"After File Transfer"). That works fine.

The same exe is called on uninstallation ("Custom Actions During Uninstallation"/"Before System Changes") with different command line arguments. That works as well.

I want my custom action to run when "Repair" is selected from within the Add/Remove Software control panel, too. Under "Custom Actions during Maintenance"/"After Setup Complete success dialog" I added the same custom action as in the "During Installation" section.

It's important that my custom action runs after any missing files/folder structure was repaired. Therefore I guess I have to put it into the last event available.

However, the exe is just not called at all.

Any hints are greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Luc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
hidenori
Level 17

I am able to call a .exe when clicking the Finish button on the Maintenace Complete dialog. Here is what I did:
[LIST=1]
  • Create a new Express project.
  • Go to the Files and Folders view.
  • Add a file to the INSTALLDIR folder.
  • Go to the Custom Actions view.
  • Right-click on the "After Setup Complete Success dialog" node under the "Custom Actions during Maintenance" section.
  • Add a custom action calling C:\Windows\Notepad.exe."
  • Build and install the setup.
  • Open the Add or Remove Programs panel in the Control Panel.
  • Find the application installed in step 7, and click the Change button.
  • Select the Repair mode on the Program Maintenace panel and proceed the installation.
  • Click the Finish button on the Completed dialog.
  • Notepad.exe is launched.

Am I missing something?
  • 0 Kudos