cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sryan1977
Level 4

Custom Wizard Interface missing pieces on Windows 8

Jump to solution
I recently got Installshield 2012 Spring and decided to try the Advanced UI Suite option. I made a build that seemed to work pretty well. I went to UI-->Wiz Interface-->Styles and changed the background for the header, body and footer.

When I run my suite installer on a win 7 32-bit os, it looks great. However, when I take the same build and run it on a windows 8 32-bit os both the header and footer backgrounds are missing (the body background is still there). This happens whether I change the background to be an image file or a brush color.

Any ideas why this is not working on win 8?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
This is the nature of the "Aero" wizard format option (which you can set in the Wizard Pages node). If you set this to Wizard97, the header and footer are visible; in fact the Aero format falls back to Wizard97 on machines without aero support (such as Windows XP, or machines with lower end video systems). Unfortunately the intent of the Aero wizard format, and the DWM on Windows 8 disagree here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
This is the nature of the "Aero" wizard format option (which you can set in the Wizard Pages node). If you set this to Wizard97, the header and footer are visible; in fact the Aero format falls back to Wizard97 on machines without aero support (such as Windows XP, or machines with lower end video systems). Unfortunately the intent of the Aero wizard format, and the DWM on Windows 8 disagree here.
0 Kudos
sryan1977
Level 4
MichaelU wrote:

Thank you. Changing to Wiz97 worked.
0 Kudos