cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honolua
Level 7

Custom Dialog + RTF

I'm working with an InstallScript project (2009 Premium) where just about everything is completely custom. I've been working on a custom dialog to display an RTF file but I simply cannot seem to make it work very well. My current dialog can display correctly in the IDE but at run-time only the path to the RTF file is shown.

The dialog needs to operate much like the standard SdLicense2RTF but I have yet to figure out how to eliminate the "InstallShield" branding from the lower left corner when I clone that one and customize the heck out of it. The extra branding screws up the look and feel.

I have two questions:

1. How can I load the RTF at run-time in my current custom dialog?

2. Barring that ... how can I remove the InstallShield branding from the cloned SdLicense2RTF?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
honolua
Level 7

I'm still stuck on this. Does anyone know how to load an RTF file into a scrollable text field in an InstallScript project? Is it even possible? Seems like a pretty simple thing to want to do.
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

I have figured a way to do this by emulating the code I found in SdLicense2.rul. It only displays plain text (with a scrollbar) in an edit field but I do not really need the added functionality of rich text anyway.
0 Kudos