cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodneyBuxton
Level 3

Custom Actions with System Search Results

I'm having problems using the System Search with a Custom Action.

I've set up two System Searches, one to find a folder from a registry key and a second using the result of that to find a file in that folder. I assign the result of the second search to a property INSTALLEDSERVER, which I have defined in my properties table with no default value.

Then I've defined a Custom Action to execute a VBS with a condition INSTALLEDSERVER <> "". My thought was that if the System Search found the file the INSTALLEDSERVER property would have some value, I don't really care what, and my Custom Action would execute. The problem is the custom action never gets executed.

I also tried setting my property to a default value of 0 and testing INSTALEDSERVER <> 0, but that didn't make any difference.

I've never used the System Searches before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rodney
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
cpwinn
Level 3

I'm having the same problem in this thread...http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=201300.

Let me know if you found a solution.
0 Kudos
RodneyBuxton
Level 3

I have not been able to figure this out. Still hoping someone will reply.

Rodney
0 Kudos
cpwinn
Level 3

Turns out I found a solution for me at least. I went into Direct Editor and in the RegLocator table set the "Type" for my registry search to 2.

After that the AppSearch was able to find and set my property to the registry data.
0 Kudos
RodneyBuxton
Level 3

I will have to try this. My product went beta two weeks ago so I'm not in the trying mode right now, but will have to create a little test project.

Let me just ask what prompted you to try this? Seems a little esoteric?
0 Kudos
cpwinn
Level 3

Good question. I was sifting through, the the knowledge base and filtered out these community forums that got me nowhere and stumbled upon this howto document...
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q103290&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_INFO_1_1&dialogID=127920123&stateId=0 0 127912685

The table at the bottom of the page shows what type of data you want to find in the registry. I believe the wizard defaulted me to a filename (1) so I tried a directory (0) since that was what I was try to gather but that didn't work. So finally I used the raw data (2) type and that did the trick.
0 Kudos