cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHouz
Level 5

Custom Action

Can someone please assist.  I have been waiting for a response since April 11.  I need some answers.

I am in progress of migrating an older InstallShield Express installer to InstallShield 2021 Professional installer.

There is something I cannot find the answer to.

I have 7 custom actions that must happen properly in sequence after the license agreement is agreed to.

I then 5 custom actions that must happen properly in sequence after successful completion of the install.

Can someone please provide some instructions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi -

Within the professional edition of Installshield you control the settings of custom actions in the "Custom Actions and sequences" view.

By expanding the sequences in the middle windows you can select where you want your custom actions to launch and what (if any) conditions to place upon them.

You can find more details here:
https://docs.revenera.com/installshield27helplib/helplibrary/IHelpCreateCustomAction.htm

You mentioned you want 7 custom actions after the license agreement dialog - where exactly after do you want them?
When the user clicks the "agree" button or at some other point after this?

To start the 5 custom actions after a completed installation - care must be taken that any data they require to function correctly is fully available to them. As the Installer would have completed, any information that only exists during the context of the installation would no longer be available.

You could place them as a "do action" on SetupCompleteSuccess dialog finish button.
Alternativly you can place them all as immediate actions after the "InstallFinalize" action in the execute sequence.

Thanks,
Stuart

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for replying, it is appreciated.

The custom actions after the license agreement should happen in the sequence I set them up after the client agree's to license terms.

Regarding the after installation actions.  I developed these custom actions over the years in InstallShield Express and they have always worked perfectly when executed at that point.  I would expect that to continue??

0 Kudos

When I converted my project from Install Shield Express to Install Shield pro 2021.

The custom actions do appear under Custom Actions and Sequences-Custom Actions.  But nothing appears under Sequence.  I guess this is what I am not understanding.  I believe they have to be to When and Where to execute

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Capture.JPG

 You can check where the custom actions are in the sequence as shown above.
If they do not appear in the sequence its possible that they are triggered by Do Actions on a dialog.

0 Kudos