cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honolua
Level 7

Custom Action/Dialog Help

I'm new to InstallShield and just can't seem to figure out what's going haywire here. I'm trying to replace the Welcome dialog with a custom dialog in an InstallScript MSI project. I've created the dialog, written the function to define and display it, created a custom action for the dialog and inserted it into the sequence (I've tried multiple locations but I get the same behavior). When I run the test I only get the "Preparing to install..." dialog and then the test just stops, even in debug mode. I am never thrown into the debugger.

So ... what is required to customize the Welcome dialog so it displays my company's branding and welcome message? I think I can get a fair ways along if I can get past this first hurdle. I've been digging through Help and Google searches for days and I still have not figured this one out.

Any help or direction is most appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Instead of creating a custom action to display your dialog box, put a call to your dialog function in OnFirstUIBefore, replacing the call to SdWelcome? The help topic "Using InstallScript to Implement Custom Dialogs" has more information.
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

Thanks Robert. I was making it a lot harder than it needed to be. I added the call in OnFirstUIBefore and it is now working exactly as expected.
0 Kudos