cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob_wheadon
Level 4

Creating a single .MSI file with .NET 3.5 as a prerequisite

Hello,

Our application now runs on .NET 3.5 SP1, previously it ran on .NET 2.0. I have made one InstallShield project which builds two releases:

1) A single setup.exe file which installs the .exe, .dlls and everything else the application needs
2) A single .msi file which installs the same contents as setup.exe - this MSI is used by Microsoft's Active Directory.

These two release files built just fine on InstallShield 2008 when we used .NET 2.0 as the baseline. Now we have upgraded to .NET 3.5 I'm not sure what to do.

When added the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 prerequisite (in the Redistributables screen) the setup.exe built fine. However, when I tried to build the MSI release file I got this error message.

ISDEV : error -7067: Your project contains Setup Prerequisites. These will only work if you choose to have your release contain setup.exe. Please change your release settings to build setup.exe or remove the Setup Prerequisite from your project.

I still want to build both a single MSI and a setup.exe from this Installer with .NET 3.5 as a prerequisite. What can I do about this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Robert
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If you specify a release flag for the prerequisite such that it doesn't match the flag used in this release, it won't be included and will not show this error. Do this by right clicking the prerequisite and choosing Properties.
0 Kudos
rob_wheadon
Level 4

That worked well. Thanks very much.

- Robert
0 Kudos