cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DandamanAUS
Level 6

CreateSkingFile Scale image?

I am trying to make skin for an Advanced UI project. (I converted by basic.msi file to advanced UI)

I have a file that I am trying to use as the side splash image.
LeftSplash2.bmp (I simply renamed my .bmp file as LeftSpalsh2.bmp) as I extracted the example to start with.

It has a width of 367 pixels and height of 650 pixels. This resolution is for 150% DPI.
"(Dialog boxes have a fixed size of 460 by 305 in dialog units (not pixels)" So what's that in Pixels for 100% or 150% DPI?

Can I create a skin for the 150% DPI setting and another for 100%, 125% and 200%?
Can I scale the image down to fit into a specific area?

IMAGE1=LeftSplash2.BMP
IMAGE1POS=0,35
IMAGE1OPT=SCALE,UPPER_LEFT

I'm trying to provide our company with an installer with our logos that is DPI aware but I am finding it rather difficult. (Other post from me about distortions of basic msi project on pre win8 OS's.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DandamanAUS
Level 6

I resized the image to make it fit. The DPI of the image was still 150, which meant when run at 150% zoom/149 DPI it still looks ok on windows 7.

So no resizing of the image needed.

It would be helpful to know the exact pixel width so a side image though.....
Looks like its a height of 398 pixels. The width for me is 220pixels which overlaps the text and now forces me to realign all of the text for the dialog images. Sigh.

The width will of course be different for other users images.
0 Kudos