cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Create IIsWebDirectory instead of IIsWebVirtualDir

I'm making an install and the ASP.NET developer has requested that a given folder ( /_mgmt ) have Anonymous Access turned off.

I created a VDIR using the IIS view but this causes an Application Name to be created which causes an .aspx fiel to raise an exception.

I need to either

1) Create the VDIR with the application in the `Removed` state

or

2) Create a Web Directory instead of a Virtual Directory.

Can InstallShield support this requirement without writing script custom actions? I've been hacking around in the ISIISCommon table but without much success.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

From what I read this isn't supported. It's a good thing that I've been able to get my ASP.NET developer to refactor his design a little.
0 Kudos
davidh
Level 6

Just in case anyone is searching, I'm assuming this is already addressed (although not yet implemented) here:
http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=165748&highlight=iis

Glancing at the code, the problem seems to be that we call AppCreate for every virtual directory.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I try to really avoid CA's ( IIS CA's in particular ) whenever I can because of the underlying complexity and testing requirements. IIS is even more fun with it's different versions.

In the end I was able to get the ASP.NET developer to refactor a little bit to accomodate the environment that InstallShield is capable of producing. It's not ideal but in the end, it works.
0 Kudos