cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonyw
Level 3

Could not find enough disk space for extracting files

Hello,

I have a single MSI package that contains a custom redistributable. The custom redistributable is a device driver and the device driver executable is around 1.3 MB in size. The custom redistributable is pretty straighforward - just install silently.

When my installation is run, the prerequisites dialog that shown and my device driver is there. But when you click Install, a messagebox entitled "InstallShield Self-extracting EXE" is displayed with the following message: "Could not find enough disk space for extracting files". And when the messagebox is closed, the device driver is installed and the installation continues.

Does anyone have any idea why this message is being displayed? And how to stop it from happening? There is plenty of hard drive space so I don't think it is a disk space problem. The InstallShield Prerequisities Location property is set to Extract From Setup.exe. If I were to change this property to Copy From Source Media then the message does not occur. The only problem with this is that I'd like to have a single installation file.

Thanks in advance,

anthonyw
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
J_anitha
Level 8

I had a similar issue with a single exe, having a pre-requisite; which has to extract itself.
I extracted the prerequisite installer and used it in my single exe.
0 Kudos