cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkubler
Level 2

Converted project cannot open

Hi,

Just installed InstallShield 2013 on my VS2012 system. When I opened a project I previously worked on with InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition it prompted me to upgrade the project, so I said yes. Then it made me reboot my computer, which I thought was odd, but followed directions.

When the computer rebooted I tried opening the project again and now I get the message:
"InstallShield cannot open \\server\share\folder\myprogram\setup\setup.isl. Please contact Flexera Software technical support for more information."

Well I already know they won't help me so I thought I'd post the question here. Anyone know what I need to do to be able to work with this project?

Thanks in advance,
Linn
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello Linn,

Kindly make sure the old setup.isl exists in the mentioned path location.

You may also want to try adding a new project to the existing VS solution, so as to integrate it with InstallShield Limited Edition on to the new machine.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
jcoone
Level 6

We had this problem too, IS started the upgrade process but didn't finish it before rebooting.

If you go to the directory where the ISL is at, you will see another file with a numbered extension with the same name. move that file out of the directory and try opening the ISL again. If you have your ISL under source control you might need to get the version from before the upgrade to retrigger the upgrade attempt.
0 Kudos
lkubler
Level 2

Thanks for the responses. I checked and the setup.isl file was in the correct directory and I removed the setup.isl.773 file but that didn't help. So I tried jcoone's suggestion and copied the original setup.isl over again and it did prompt to reconvert. This time it seems to have worked, when I open the project I no longer get the error message.

Thanks much!
Linn

jcoone wrote:
We had this problem too, IS started the upgrade process but didn't finish it before rebooting.

If you go to the directory where the ISL is at, you will see another file with a numbered extension with the same name. move that file out of the directory and try opening the ISL again. If you have your ISL under source control you might need to get the version from before the upgrade to retrigger the upgrade attempt.
0 Kudos