cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rslangham
Level 3

Convert to 64-bit InstallShield

I have a 32-bit Basic MSI and using InstallShield 2008 Professional. I am needing to convert the install to a 64-bit. I have read the Installing 64-bit Applications document from InstallShield and did the primary steps of setting the Template Summary to x64;1033 and also setting the Components to 64-bit.

But, the issue is that in the 'Destination computer folder's' area of InstallShield I do not have the folder option for PorgramFiles64Folder. All the folders are still the 32-bit versions, e.g. ProgramFilesFolder. If I right click the Destination Computer and select Show Predefined Folder, I do not have the option for the ProgramFiles64Folder.

How do I get InstallShield to update for this option? If I install the app it is installed in the c:\Program Files (x86) directory.

Also, is the more standard to specify the Template Summary as x64 or as Intel64?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rslangham
Level 3

One item failed to mention, the InstallShield 2008 Professional project was created by importing in a previous InstallShield 11.5 Express project. I noticed that if I started the install from scratch that the ProgramFiles64Folder was present. So, this must be some bug or issue with importing in an Express project.

I just decided to re-create the entire Install from scratch to get around this ;(
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

If ProgramFiles64Folder is not present in your project, you could add it to the Directory table in the Direct Editor view using the following information for a new row in the table:
Directory: ProgramFiles64Folder
Directory_Parent: TARGETDIR
DefaultDir: .:Prog64~1|Program Files 64

For the Template Summary, x64 represents the AMD64/Intel EM64T style 64-bit processors. Intel64 represents the Itanium style 64-bit processors. Two different MSI packages will be needed if you would like to target both platforms as only one can be specified.
0 Kudos