cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nithyapriya
Level 5

Continue Installation when one msi package is failed

Hi Team,

I have a use case to run multiple msi packages in a queue in Suite/Advanced UI. When installation is successfull for all msi, no issues. But when one msi is failed in the queue, the next msi is not getting installed. The total installation(Suite/Advanced UI) is getting completed with "Interrupted" message.

For example.

Lets say, i have MSI installer packages A,B,C,D and E in suite/advanced UI.. While installation , if A and B msi packages are succeeded and C fails, the suite installer closes its installation completely and did not try to trigger D and E MSI installation.

But its expected to continue for D installation when C fails.

Any suggesions ?

Thanks in Advance,

Nithya

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Creasycdf
Level 3

Hello,
I can see your post As per my knowledge i give you best way to find your solution.
Please See below and follow step by step info..

In the scenario you described, where you have a Suite/Advanced UI installer that runs multiple MSI packages in a queue, it seems like the installer is designed to halt the installation process if any of the MSI packages fail. This behavior can be inconvenient if you want to continue the installation of the remaining packages even if one of them fails.

I can only provide general suggestions. Here are a few ideas:

* Check the documentation: Review the documentation or user manual of the installer tool you're using. Look for any specific instructions or configuration options related to handling failed installations or continuing installation after a failure.
* Custom scripting: If the installer tool supports custom scripting or command-line options, you may be able to implement custom logic to handle failures. For example, you could use a scripting language like PowerShell or batch scripting to detect failed installations and proceed with the remaining MSI packages. MyAARPMedicare
* Error handling: Verify that your individual MSI packages are returning appropriate error codes upon failure. If the packages are not returning error codes or using generic codes like 0 or 3010 (indicating success or a reboot required), you may need to update the packages to provide meaningful error codes that the Suite/Advanced UI installer can interpret correctly.

** Remember, the best approach will depend on the specific installer tool you're using and its capabilities. It's important to consult the documentation or seek support from the vendor to find the most appropriate solution for your case. **

0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Hi,

Under Organization select Packages.

For each Package: on the Common tab, expand "install'.

Click on 'Exit Behavior'.

You have 3 choices:

1. Ask whether to continue the setup

2. Abort the setup

3. Continue the setup

Select the one you desire for that package

0 Kudos

Hi,
I am trying to install packages using MSI. So there is no "Exit
behaviour" option available.
0 Kudos