cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xylene
Level 3

Contingent Upgrades on previous product version

How do I make an install that is requires a certain version of the same product to be installed before allowing the newer version to be installed. I want to make sure that the current product version is at least X before allowing the upgrade. When I attempt to use the Automatic upgrade item with a min version number it still just runs the upgrade regardless if that version number is installed or not.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
PlinyElder
Level 7

In the upgrade section, create a Major upgrade item then set the Product Version to only trigger to the specific version or range of versions.
0 Kudos
Xylene
Level 3

That is what I have setup now.

I created a Major upgrade item with a min version, but it still runs through the installer and doesn’t exit. Is there something more I need to do? Do I need to check the Detect Property and then have that trigger the exit?
0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

Are you also changing the Product Code for the application?
0 Kudos
Xylene
Level 3

PlinyElder wrote:
Are you also changing the Product Code for the application?

No I didn't change the product code, is this needed just to check if the min version of the current product is already installed?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Xylene wrote:
No I didn't change the product code, is this needed just to check if the min version of the current product is already installed?

No, but it's needed for a Major Upgrade action to trigger.
0 Kudos