cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srivvt
Level 3

Configuring 'Setup.ini' and '0x0409.ini' files in InstallShield 2020

Hello everyone,

I have an basic MSI file which was a InstallShield 2010 file. I migrated that to InstallShield 2020. Installer (setup.exe) is generating fine but when its launched as an Launch Application action via DemoShield (v8), setup.exe just exits by creating a alpha numeric folder in AppData/Temp/ with only '_ISMSIDEL.ini'.

Double clicking the new setup.exe seems to install/upgrade but the AppData/Temp/ contents are not the same as the old setup.exe which was generated with InstallShield 2010. But I doubt if any other files were missing from the new setup.exe!

Can anyone help me try to figure out how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Sriv

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

If I remember right, support for DemoShield was dropped in about 2008! If the machine you are running that on dies you will be out of luck.

If I were you I would convert that DemoShield project to an InstallShield Suite project. I think it was in 2012 when I did that.

0 Kudos

Hello rguggisberg, thanks for the suggestion. You think the issue is with the DemoShield rather than newly generated setup.exe?
0 Kudos
srivvt
Level 3

Hello everyone

When I was looking at DemoShield launch actions and found that one way to launch .exe is by selecting Launch Application type instead of Launch Application. But I was able to launch new InstallShield application only 2 out of 3 times successfully that too it was very slow to launch. Please note that as mentioned in my previous post, double clicking setup.exe is loading the application fine.

Does anybody know why this behavior with DemoShield or InstallShield 2020?

Migrating DemoShield project to InstallShield looks like a costly effort which I am not willing to do now.

Any comments or inputs please provide..

Thanks.

0 Kudos