cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uday_kiran
Level 2

Components in merge modules are not getting executed properly

I have a problem with merge module included in my project. When i do a major upgrade only few components present in my merge module is getting executed.
I want all the components to be executed and files in all the components to be copied but only few components are executed.All the components have no conditions and the key file is present for every component.
When i do a fresh install all the components are getting executed.

Is there any way to figure out why some components are not getting executed from the logs. I added the following registry entry logging:voicewarmupx but did not find any details related to why components are not getting exceuted

Also in my major upgrade uninstallation of the previous version happened properly but all the new version components are not added.
Did anyone encounter this situation?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Cary_R
Level 11

Uday,

Post a logfile of the major Upgrade happening, if you can.

Odds are you'll see messages like:

Disallowing Installation of Component '{xxx}' because (some reason)

Try passing REINSTALLMODE=amus and see if that makes a difference during the upgrade.
0 Kudos
firmusoft
Level 5

Uday kiran wrote:
I have a problem with merge module included in my project. When i do a major upgrade only few components present in my merge module is getting executed.

Uday, did you figure a solution to this issue. It looks like i've run across a similar issue.
0 Kudos