ayeleth100
Level 3

Compile error after upgrade

I upgraded InstallShield from version 12 to 2011 and I get the following errors when I compile:

SQLRT.obl(SQLBrowse.obs) : error L8407: 'ISRT._GetDiskSpaceExEx' : conflicts with previous definition
SQLRT.obl(SQLBrowse.obs) : error L8407: 'ISRT._ComponentGetTotalCostEx' : conflicts with previous definition
Setup.inx - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
phill_mn
Level 7

By comparing my IS2010 upgraded InstallScript project which gets the same L8407 errors, listed in this thread, to a IS2011 'new project', I found that adding the _ISSCRIPT_NEW_STYLE_DLG_DEFS to the Build/Settings/Processor Defines, that I then got a more helpful C8014 'identifier already defined' compile errors on the same two functions as well as several other variables. Double click on each error and commented out each line and then the project results in a clean upgraded IS2011 build. I did not find any documentation in the 'Whats new...' or the 'Upgrading a project..." documents related to this issue, and Flexera has not responded to my Gold Maintenance request (opened prior to finding this solution) for support yet.
0 Kudos