cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthic
Level 4

Compilation error 6102

I have a product say (product A) for which a feature(F1) is installed for only one particular language say (lang 1).
For one of the components under feature F1, i have dynamically linked a folder.
if i am building the installable for some other language say (lang 2) and the specified dynamically linked folder is not there in the location, i am getting compilation error 6102 .

i am able to overcome this error by simply creating a folder with the same name but no contents inside it.

As the feature F1 is not necessary for lang 2, the folder that got dynamically linked may not be there in the specified location.

My doubt in this case is " is it necessary to have dynamically linked folders or files no matter whether the installable is for lang 1 or lang 2".

Please help me out.

Thank you Lurean.
I have followed your suggestion by setting a release flag for a feature in my product.

Step1: I set a Release flag (say "TRIAL") for my feature F1.
Step2: Renamed / Deleted the folder that is dynamically linked to one of the components of Feature F1.
Step3: Went for a Release build in Release wizard with "FULL" as value for Release flag.

Result: With the value of Release Flag being set to "FULL" in Release wizard, feature F1 will not be included for release build since it has Release Flag value as "TRIAL".
But, Installshield throws compilation error 6021 saying it could not locate the dynamically linked Folder.
Is it necessary to have the dynamically linked folder no matter what is the value of Release flag.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lurean
Level 8

I know with the basic MSI's in Installshield you can set release flags on a Feature so they will only be built when a build with that flag is initiated. Then in the Release/ build section you can specify which flags are to be included into the given build you are doing.

I assume a similiar function would be available for installscript projects but I have not worked with those myself.

don't know if that will help you but it would be something worth looking at.
0 Kudos