cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epotter
Level 5

Code Page issue in the Project Name

I've got a InstallScript MSI project whose project name is "Project360°". Note that the name includes the degree sign. For the ten languages we currently support, there is no problem. But now were are looking to support Chinese. The Chinese Windows Code Page does not include the degree sign, so when the user runs the installer, they get an error that says “Error reading setup initialization file.” I assume this is because the project name appears in the setup.ini file.

What can I do to work around this? I've looked for a way to run the installer in Unicode, but that doesn't seem to be an option for InstallScriptMSI projects.

Is there a way to put a condition on the Project Name so that it could have the degree sign if it is supported and omit it if it is not?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Is the degree sign included in the name of your .msi file? If so, try removing that, for instance by using the MSI Package File Name field on the Product Configuration (Releases view). As an aside, note that you cannot change the name of your MSI file during a minor upgrade.
0 Kudos
epotter
Level 5

The isssue isn't the name of the msi file. The issue seems to be that in the setup.ini file, there is an entry that says:

Product=Project360°
0 Kudos