cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mte3bikri
Level 2

Clean uninstall

Hi,
I want to certify my application for Windows Server 2008 certification. One of the test to be passed is “Application uninstall cleanly ” which means that when uninstalling, all files and registry keys added when installing should be deleted. I use Installshield 2009 for “myApp Setup.exe” and it leaves many files after uninstalling like temp files and other files and registry keys. Is there a way to clean all after uninstall?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
P_Duncan
Level 4

In the past, I've created a custom action (could be in VBScript) to manually delete directories.
0 Kudos
mte3bikri
Level 2

thanks P Duncan
So, I have to remove all these entries using script 😮
But, could a newer version of InstallShield do this matter. I think that my company can upgrade to InstallShield 2011 if I can persuade them that it's good for the Microsoft certification for our products 😄
0 Kudos
P_Duncan
Level 4

Hey mte3bikri,

I'm not saying this is the only way to do it - just the way I've used in the past. Perhaps there is a built-in way I don't know about?

In general, IS removes the stuff that it installed. If your installed application adds files or registry values while running, the MSI wouldn't know about these so wouldn't remove them. Perhaps there is a built-in InstallShield way to handle this, but I couldn't find it.

I don't know if newer versions handle this any better, but I doubt it.

Paul
0 Kudos