cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cielo1
Level 3

Checkbox value

Hi,
I'm sure I'm not the first one to have this issue, but search didn't help me much.
I have a custom SetupType dialog and I have added a checkbox (CheckBox1) there. Checkbox property is INSTALLCLIENT (deleted default value from Property Manager), checkbox value is 1.
Now, as I understand, when the box is checked, the value should be 1, when it's not, the value should be NULL. I need to create a condition for feature to install only if the checkbox is checked. So I've tried different conditions without any success. I set InstallLevel of feature to 250 if the following condition is met. As a condition I've tried
INSTALLCLIENT <> 1
INSTALLCLIENT <> "1"
INSTALLCLIENT
NOT (NOT INSTALLCLIENT)
None of those worked. Can you please advise me what to do?

Thanks in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
ch_eng
Level 7

0 Kudos
cielo1
Level 3

Thank you for your answer.
As I understand, this function gets the state of the specified feature. What I need is a correct condition to install/skip feature.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Feature Conditions are evaluated during costing, which takes place before dialogs are shown, so this cannot work. An alternate aproach would be to use events on your next button which either AddLocal YourFeature, or Remove YourFeature depending on the condition as you describe. Which should probably be INSTALLCLIENT or Not INSTALLCLIENT respectively.
0 Kudos
cielo1
Level 3

MichaelU wrote:
Feature Conditions are evaluated during costing, which takes place before dialogs are shown, so this cannot work. An alternate aproach would be to use events on your next button which either AddLocal YourFeature, or Remove YourFeature depending on the condition as you describe. Which should probably be INSTALLCLIENT or Not INSTALLCLIENT respectively.

Thanks a lot! It works! Finally!
0 Kudos