cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gprasad
Level 3

Changing Welcome Dialog content dynamically

Hi,
I wanted to choose the welcome dialog content between a "html" file and a "txt" file, based on the mode in which the setup.exe is run.

For Example, if the setup.exe is run using -console option, then i should use .txt file and display it in console. In normal window mode, I should chose .html file and display the content of the same. (I wanted this, because, in console mode the html special characters are all printed as a junk symbols or chars)

How this can be done? I found an idea. For the welcome dialog, we can write a custom code in "Console Events" tab (correct me if i'm wrong here). But how can I refer the .txt file??

Please help me in this issue.

Thanks in advance,
-GP
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gprasad
Level 3

Hi,
I'm still waiting for the replies on this issue.. Please help me...

I'm new to Installshield Multiplatform, can some one suggest me any tutorial kinda stuffs that will be of more use for me to learn custom coding in installshields?

Thanks,
-GP:confused:
0 Kudos
gprasad
Level 3

Hi,
None replied to my query until today:( I took the reference of this link, which deals with similar issue. I'm posting this here, so that it might help someone like me in future. http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=149991

Thanks,
-GP
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

Why not just do a html to text conversion when in console mode?
0 Kudos