cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisVanherck
Level 6

Changing ISProjectDataFolder

We are converting a lot of InstallShield 12 projects to InstallShield 2010 and at the same time we are moving them to a new source control system.

Now most of these project have this structure:
sourcecontroldir\myproject.ism
sourcecontroldir\myproject\1033.txt
sourcecontroldir\myproject\Script Files\setup.rul

however a few have the structure:
sourcecontroldir\myproject.ism
sourcecontroldir\1033.txt
sourcecontroldir\Script Files\setup.rul

The difference is because of how they where originally created with or without the "Create project file in 'Project Name' subfolder" checkbox in the "New Project" window.
This results in a different value for the ISProjectDataFolder path variable. But this field is read-only in the editor.

Just for uniformity sake i would like to bring all these project into the same structure. Any way i can access that variable ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I just created two projects, one each way, and compared them with InstallShield MSI Diff. It appears that this is stored in the ISPathVariable table's Value column, where the latter structure has a value of 1 in the ISProjectDataFolder and ISPROJECTDIR rows. You could try changing this and moving your files accordingly, but I'm not sure how well that will work out either in the IDE or in Source Control...
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

the ISProjectDataFolder is read only because it appears to be evaluated at the time the project is loaded and is based on a relative path from the project file. If you created it with the project file in a subdirectory then the path evaluates to the same as the ISProjectDir path variable. Otherwise it will always evaluate to the same as ISProjectDir\ .

One option to change them would be to load the projects into the IS IDE and choose the "Save As" option and make sure the create subdirectory is checked. This will update the path variables pretty easily, but will be considered a seperate file for source control and would have to be re-added.
0 Kudos
KrisVanherck
Level 6

Thanks, removing the 1 value from ISPathVariable table does the trick.

Note that you have to close and re-open your project or it won't find your setup.rul file, even if it's in the correct location.
0 Kudos
Mrunmayee
Level 5

Thanks KrisVanherck, removing the 1 value of "ISProjectDataFolder" from "ISPathVariable" table worked for me.
0 Kudos