cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huengsberg
Level 3

Change SQL Logon

Hi,
we have a customer which installed our product on a local SQL Server 20005. After installation our customer moved the created database to a central SQL Server 2005 instance. Now he got the problem to perform a patch, beacause the sql credentials are false.
How can I decrypt the sql credentials in registry to change the credentials.
We tried to perform the patch by console with following parameters:

runas /user:Domain\UserName /savecred "Patch_2.0.21.0.exe /v\"IS_SQLSERVER_DO_NOT_USE_REG=1 IS_SQLSERVER_SERVER=DBServerInstance IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE=engDAX20 IS_SQLSERVER_AUTHENTICATION=0\""

But the following message occured:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS '. Although the customer tried with a domain user.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Can you check if the ISSQLServerInstall and ISSQLServerUninstall actions are configured to run in user context? If not, change them to do so, and then see if it solves your issue.
0 Kudos
huengsberg
Level 3

where can i change to user context? Do you mean the In-Script Execution of the actions? There is no option for run in user context. Which options should i select.
At the moment it is configured to run "Deferred execution in system contex".
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Yes, please change the In-Script Execution setting from "Deferred execution in system contex" to "Deferred execution", and see if the problem is solved.
0 Kudos
huengsberg
Level 3

thanks that solved the problem 🙂
0 Kudos