cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ykrons
Level 3

Chain a multilanguage setup

Hi all,

I have built 2 setup (setupA.exe and setupB.exe) with Installshield 2008 (Basic MSI Project).

I would like to launch setupB during the setupA and I would like to know the best way to do this?

I have already done it by launching the msi file from the setupB with a custom action, however I lost the language selected in the setupA and the setupB display the default language and not the one selected by user.

Thanks for your help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Cary_R
Level 11

Hi There,

Try adding on the command line to the second setup:

setup.exe /s /L[ProductLanguage]

For MSI setups, /L uses the same type of language ID as the MSI engine, so you can pass it through.
0 Kudos
ykrons
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, but I needed a little more help to configure the custom action.

I have added the setupB in the list of Support Files in order it is included in the setup package but not installed.

I have set a custom action with the following properties but it fails to install and uninstall properly:
- Executable Protperty : SOURCEDIR
- Command Line : SetupBFolder\setupB.exe /L[ProductLanguage]
- Return processing :Synchronous (Check exit code)
- In-Script Execution : Immediate Exection
- Execution Scheduling : Execute only once
- Install UI Sequence :After Cost Finalize

Regards
0 Kudos
ykrons
Level 3

I've finally succeed to build my setup.

I have generated one setupB.exe file and include it in the binary table of setupA.

From SetupA custom action, I browse the setupB.exe file and give only the command line options in Target field and keep other options.

Everything seems to work fine.

Regards
0 Kudos