cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herbie68
Level 4

Cas I use a Custom Action in my Installscript

I am creating a Installscript MSI Project, and I was wondering can I use a cusom action I created. I created this custom action for another Installshield but this was a Basic MSI Project. Its a DLL which I use to check a entered license key and give back a resultcode so I know whit features can and can't be installed for this license key.

Can I reuse this custom action and how do I call it from my Installscript, or do I have to solve this into my Installscript itself?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

InstallScript MSI projects do support custom actions, so you could perhaps do the same thing you're doing with a Basic MSI project.

Otherwise, it depends what you want to do. InstallScript supports calling DLL functions (see UseDLL, UnUseDLL, and "Calling a .dll File Function"); or there's MsiDoAction to call a custom action defined in the CustomAction table but not in the sequences...
0 Kudos
herbie68
Level 4

in Installshield I ask for a license key, after that I give this License key to my DLL which returns a Return code this returncode I use in the rest of Installshield for conditioning the Features and components that wil and wil not be installed.

I wil look into the functions you mentioned if they do not what I expect them to do I wil rewrite the code of my DLL into my Installscript.
0 Kudos