cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdouglas
Level 2

Cannot run InstallShield 2008

Running on XP SP2. This problem just started yesterday after a reboot. When starting InstallShield, I get a message box titled, "Internet Explorer Script Error". The message is "An error has occurred running a script on this page", no other information and prompts for Yes|No about continuing to run scripts. Pressing either Yes or No, or clicking the Close box on the dialog just gets me another message box with the same information. I have to kill isdev.exe or reboot to get them to go away. I was originally using ISPro 11.0, but upgraded to 2008 today in the hopes of getting past this and I get the exact same errors.

I tried uninstalling the most recent Windows updates with no changes. Internet Explorer will run standalone, but I do not (and have never) used it as my primary browser on this machine (firefox). Other than the automatic windows update, no other changes have been made to this machine in quite some time. It's my main dev machine and I run a very small set of programs. I'm in the middle of putting together an install for a new product and I need this to work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you,
--Jason Douglas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I don't have firsthand experience with this---you might want to contact Support---but does anything change if you repair the InstallShield 2008 installation through Add or Remove Programs?
0 Kudos