cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dramis
Level 3

Cannot remove product in add/remove programs

My product is displayed in add/remove programs list and will not be removed from this list after the uninstall.

When I run the setup.exe each time, it displays the dialog for maintenance mode, not for the initial installation.

I've tried to remove the entry from the registry in the uninstall area, but this is not working.

I'm using IS2009 Premier to build with.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
grigorgn
Level 3

in addition you need to remove the registry key for your product under HKCR\Installer\Products\[Your product code]

Hope it helps
0 Kudos
rusgrafx
Level 4

Is that InstallScript or MSI based install?

To force uninstall mode in InstallScript-based installer run your Setup.exe with -removeonly parameter:

Setup.exe -removeonly

For MSI-based setup use /x or /uninstall parameters.
0 Kudos
dramis
Level 3

It's a InstallShield Script type project; however, I've got a merge module object for MS VC90 associated with the setup.exe that installs more or less under the covers using msi. The -removeonly just ran the uninstall which finished in a couple of seconds... I can run the uninstall from Add/Remove Programs, but it just doesn't clean up stuff like it used to.

I did have to delete reg entries in HKCR\Installer\Products and also the product entries in the Uninstall area, too. That did the trick !

I think my original glick happened when the gskit7 setup launch that happens at the end of my install was hung on the setup for gskit7... could end that task from the task manager ! rebooted, cleaned up the registry per your tip and now my app is installing/uinstalling as it should (and used to) ! I feel A LOT better now.

Thanks guys for your quick feedback and tips ! I do appreciate it...
0 Kudos