cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstuardo
Level 4

Cannot open key UNKNOWN\Components\......

Hello...

I am getting a strange error when installation is almost finished. It seems that InstrallShield is trying to access a key whose path starts with UNKNOWN\Components and then a long alphanumeric code followed by "\" and finally another long alphanumeric code.

The message box that appears tells that I need to be sure I have sufficient access rights to that key. I am running installation as Administrator (when I debug the InstallScript inside InstallShield IDE).

When I press OK to that message box, Error -1603 appears whose text is a fatal error has occured during installation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

thanks
Jaime
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

Hi ,

this may due to many reasons and in order to solve this check whether the component table has all the correct entries.
if every thing is fine. please make sure the folder you are installing to is not an encrypted folder.
0 Kudos
jstuardo
Level 4

What entries?

There are a lot of entries... how can I know if these are correct or not? Do you mean about Components node entries? apparently is all correct.

It may be very helpful if I can read some sort of log file in order to check what is happening.

Regards,
Jaime

CHANDINATHREDDY wrote:
Hi ,

this may due to many reasons and in order to solve this check whether the component table has all the correct entries.
if every thing is fine. please make sure the folder you are installing to is not an encrypted folder.
0 Kudos