cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMike
Level 3

Cannot copy source ... SetupPreReq.exe

I'm getting the following error when I'm trying to build my MSI project:

Cannot copy source 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2011\Redist\Language Independent\i386\SetupPreReq.exe' to target 'P:\Installshield Setups\DTI 10.1\DTDashboard-10.1\Build Files\Compressed\DiskImages\DISK1\DirectTechDashboard10.1.0.exe'

This current MSI project was just copied to a new directory for our new version release. The projects always compiled before without any problems for each new version we have moved to.

BUT for info, the server that actually had the InstallShield on was changed to a new server so I don't know if there is something different on this server or the InstallShield that was installed on it that would be causing this problem. The setup disk is supposed to be getting a PreRequisites directory created with it that has the .NET Framework 4.0 Full in it.

If anyone has any help on what's causing this error, I would appreciate it.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MSIYER
Level 8

One possible issue:
IF the P drive is open in the explorer, try closing it and rebuilding.
0 Kudos
JohnMike
Level 3

Thanks, but not opened in the explorer. I know that usually even stops the beginning of the build if I was.

When the build finishes and displays the errors, I have new .exe and .msi files sitting in the DISK1 directory. Normally only the .exe file is sitting there along with the ISSetupPrerequisites directory so it's not getting past the point of moving the .msi file into the compressed .exe file, nor building the ISSSetupPrerequisites directory.
0 Kudos
rjohannessen
Level 2

JohnMike wrote:
Thanks, but not opened in the explorer. I know that usually even stops the beginning of the build if I was.

When the build finishes and displays the errors, I have new .exe and .msi files sitting in the DISK1 directory. Normally only the .exe file is sitting there along with the ISSetupPrerequisites directory so it's not getting past the point of moving the .msi file into the compressed .exe file, nor building the ISSSetupPrerequisites directory.

I'm getting this as well, after moving to a new server. DId you ever get it figured out?
0 Kudos
sistemassis
Level 2

rjohannessen wrote:
I'm getting this as well, after moving to a new server. DId you ever get it figured out?

I´m getting this error too. 😕 some one have been resolved?
0 Kudos