cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
synergy
Level 2

Canceling Maintenace Mode

Hi,

I am currently using ItsallShield 2008 Premier to build my project both in Setup.exe and msi package.

Is it possible to disable the maintenance mode? and how?
When a user runs the setup.exe file for the second time I'd like to disable maintenance mode and falling back to the regular install mode.

The users who want to install the software want to install multiple copies of it into different directories.

Our old version Installshield express 2.13, has maintenance mode off by default, and user can install multiple copies into different directories.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

David
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

InstallShield Express 2.x projects ran off of the InstallScript engine. The most direct equivalent to this functionality in InstallShield 2008 is an InstallScript project. This project type will allow you to disable maintenance mode (through the Project->Settings menu option).

Windows Installer projects (Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI) do not have any direct equivalent to this option provided in pure InstallScript projects (though there is a possible method of accomplishing this, it is not recommended).
0 Kudos