cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Cancel button is disabled during tranfer phase of MODIFY or REMOVE wizards.

Hello,

I am working on a Basic InstallScript project (InstallShield 2013). I noticed the Cancel button is disabled during the file-transfer phase of the MODIFY and REMOVE wizards, preventing me from stopping these actions. Is this by design? How can I enable the Cancel button during this phase of these actions so the action can be stopped and the file-transfer can be rewound.

Thank you,

- Roger
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Re: Cancel button is disabled during tranfer phase of MODIFY or REMOVE wizards.

Open your dialogbox and set the option "Cancel" to TRUE.
Otherwise,

write Enable(CANCELBUTTON) in the function:OnMaintUIBefore() function.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Thank you, but this does not seem to address the file transfer dialog. Which one is it in the User Interface->Dialogs->All Dialogs list?

- Roger
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Are you referring about SdStartCopy2?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

rogereeno wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a Basic InstallScript project (InstallShield 2013). I noticed the Cancel button is disabled during the file-transfer phase of the MODIFY and REMOVE wizards, preventing me from stopping these actions. Is this by design? How can I enable the Cancel button during this phase of these actions so the action can be stopped and the file-transfer can be rewound.

Thank you,

- Roger

Roger,

The file copy action is disabled because the setup cannot be rewound for an InstallScript setup. If this is a MSI installation then it can be rewound. I do not believe InstallScript has a concept of caching the previous installation and restoring files if the user cancels the setup. At best, you will have a broken application and the previous version will need to be installed again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Thank you, Dan. That answers my question.

Regards,

- Roger
0 Kudos