cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Madhusudana
Revenera
Revenera

Can you set the database codepage in an MSM file

I have an MSM which needs to be localised. This is a special case MSM that is not shared with any other product so it does not matter about changing the GUIDs.
All that I want to do with this is set a directory, however as we cover languages like Russian, I need to be able to change the Codepage of the MSI.

All our other localisable MM’s are localised before building – but this is different.

There is a command MsiSummaryInfoSetProperty in which it's possible to set the codepage, but this seems to just change the codepage for the summary information only – and not for the actual Database.

Does anyone know how to set the codepage for the actual database after it’s been created?

Thanks
A
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

MSDN has an article entitled "Setting the Code Page of a Database" which should apply to this scenario. (We don't offer any additional tools for this beyond the code page setting we do automatically as part of MSI localization.)
0 Kudos
M_Madhusudana
Revenera
Revenera

Yep, there is a cscript give in there that allowed me to do that thanks.

Just needed to remove the lines about package and product code as these don't apply and exist in MMs.

Cheers,
A
0 Kudos