cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmahh
Level 2

Can you customise the initial appearance of the prereqs installer dialog sequence?

Hi,

First things first; I'm using InstallShield 2008 Pro and I'm building a basic MSI project to install a java app with a few other MSI installers installed upfront as silently installed prereqs.

The installer has everything (prereq installs included) bundled together into the setup.exe.

Functionally everything works fine; the prereqs are detected and installed as required before the "main" installer starts, but the problem is more one of appearance and branding... the first thing a user of the installer would see after running the setup.exe is the generic Installshield prequisites installer dialogs.
The sales/marketing guys are very keen (to say the least 😃 that a user installing the app should have something recognisably branded as our product thrown up infront of them as early as possible in the install process... basically right at the start, before they're prompted to ok the install of the prereqs.

I can't see any obvious way to do that and I was hoping that someone here might have some previous experience of this to pass along, even if it is just in the "Yeah, you're snookered mate" style :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Gvarma
Level 7

You certainly can "customize" pre-req dialog box along with other available dialog boxes, its much easier when you use MSI Installscript type of project but for MSI, i think you will have to lookinto Dialog Editor.

HTH
0 Kudos
jimmahh
Level 2

Hi,

I've checked through the various dialogs available and none of them are the pre-reqs installer dialog; it's possible that I'm just missing something, but I don't think it's there...

Cheers,
Chris
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

jimmahh wrote:
Hi,

I've checked through the various dialogs available and none of them are the pre-reqs installer dialog; it's possible that I'm just missing something, but I don't think it's there...

Cheers,
Chris

Ok then you need to search through Macrovision instalaltion folder, there got to be some .RUL or something from where this pre-req is being called.

HTH and good luck
0 Kudos