cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter_dikeman
Level 2

Can't enable InstallShield LE in a 2nd version of VS

I previously had installed and successfully use IS LE in VS2010 professional. I recently installed VS 2013 community and can't seem to get IS LE enabled. O/S is Win7 32bit SP1

here's what i've tried so far

1) click on enable IS LE in VS 2013, followed link, registered , download and ran - The IS LE install ran as a "repair".

2) following a suggestion on IS support site i use regsvr32 to register islimexp.dll, islimpkg.dll, islimwiz.dll. I then ran "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /setup

These all executed without error

3) I tried a repair of VS 2013 community after step 2.

i really need to maintain the IS LE in VS2010 and i'm concerned that an unisntall/reinstall of ISLE will clobber VS2010 ISLE

Peter
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Since the download installed as a "repair" it makes me think that you already have the latest version of InstallShield associated with VS2010.

If available, you may want to install VS2013 on a different machine or perhaps a virtual machine.
0 Kudos
peter_dikeman
Level 2

jkell wrote:
Since the download installed as a "repair" it makes me think that you already have the latest version of InstallShield associated with VS2010.

If available, you may want to install VS2013 on a different machine or perhaps a virtual machine.

already did that on another machine ISLE worked fine....BUT there were no pre-existing install of VS prior to VS2013
0 Kudos