cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notlogan
Level 6

Can't download SQL Server Express

So far I am only able to stop the installation if SQL Server is not found on the system. I want to go ahead and install my required programs along with my application. Is that possible with the light version?

We need to install C#.net 4.5 and SQL Server Express.

I found the Redistributables tab. When I select .net 4.5 framework I am told I have to download something from Flex. The download fails. The same thing happens with SQL Server express......failed download. It seems as if downloading may be my problem.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
notlogan
Level 6

Started a new project. Now on the Redistributabls window the download feature is greyed out for .net 4.5 & SQL Server. I don't know what that means.
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

SQL must have downloaded itself because I was able to build without error....haven't installed on a target computer yet...
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

In the redistributables view, for any prerequisite or merge module "Location" is if shown as "installed locally" means it is alreay available in the prerequisites folder and "download selected item" will be greyed out.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello,

In the redistributables view, for any prerequisite or merge module "Location" is if shown as "installed locally" means it is alreay available in the prerequisites folder and "download selected item" will be greyed out.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi

Thanks. I saw that. For some reason when I first started last week I was given an error message about redistributables not being able to be downloaded. It went away...don't know way.

How can I include redistributables not on your list? We need to include libraries from DevExpress as well a few other vendors.
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Copy the required prerequisites to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012SpringLE\SetupPrerequisites location from other machines, in order to add them into installsheild limited edition redistributables view.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos